Advice and support
Your Business Consultant will provide ongoing support for the life of the apprenticeship in the form of:
- Face to face: advice, consultation, literacy and numeracy assessment, aptitude tests and referral in person.
- Web based online support: Apprenticeship Commitment Assessment, Harrison Career Assessment Tool, MAS Talent Community, AirCV and 24/7 job smart matching
- Phone contact support: CareerMe phone app, 1300 MAS NAT (627 628), SMS contact
Learn how to effectively supervise an apprentice
Employer information sessions provide the opportunity to support employers who may be struggling with their apprentice and will be held in local offices or other appropriate venues that are easily accessible to employers.
The MAS Experience provides a Mentoring Program that works collaboratively with employers and their apprentices. Our team of experienced, professionally developed Business Consultants are trained to identify apprentices at ‘high’ risk of non-completion for the range of vocational and non-vocational reasons and, provide the appropriate and relevant supports and referral to external providers where necessary.
Apprentice management services
MAS National will manage end to end administration of an apprenticeship including the training contract through to completion.
The Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program including employer incentives can be accessed through a centralised processing centre, supported through the use of Job Ready Active and AAMS.
What role do employers have in Australian Apprenticeships?
- Responsible for providing a safe and fair workplace and adhering to Fair Work requirements.
- Responsible for providing appropriate supervision of your Australian Apprentice and complying with the requirements of the Australian Apprenticeship.
- Provides employment and on-the-job training to the apprentice for the duration of the Australian Apprenticeship.
- Has access to mentoring support through MAS National.
View the infographic below to see all the roles involved in Australian Apprenticeships.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m looking to hire an apprentice for my business. Who do I contact to assist me through the process?
Call 1300 MAS NAT (627 628) or speak with your business consultant who will help you find an apprentice/trainee that is right for you.
Who do I call to query what wages I should be paying my Apprentice/Trainee?
Who pays TAFE/Trade School/RTO fees?
Do I need to include my apprentice/trainee on our WorkCover Policy?
WorkCover exemptions apply to new entrants to the workforce. Employers must have a current WorkCover policy under which their Australian Apprentice is covered for worker’s compensation purposes.
For more details contact the Victorian WorkCover Authority on 1800 136 089 or your WorkCover Authorised Agent.
Who do I contact if I have concerns about work, trade school/training, or if any other circumstances change that may affect the apprenticeship/traineeship?
Call 1300 MAS NAT (627 628) and we will refer you to one of our qualified apprentice/trainee mentors.
Am I obliged to send my apprentice/trainee to trade school?
Yes, when you sign the Training Contract, you agree to release your apprentice/trainee to attend off-the-job training.
For any other assistance please contact your Business Consultant or phone 1300 MAS NAT (627 628).