The Australian Apprenticeship system exists to support Employers to deliver training opportunities for both new and existing employees. Apprenticeships are a fantastic way to provide both informal and formal training to new employees, rewarding them with a nationally recognised qualification and enhancing the capability of the business through the skills they contribute.
MAS National’s Australian Apprenticeship Support Network operates across Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania. MAS National is also proud to service national clients, to deliver Australian Apprenticeship Support Services nationwide.
The MAS Experience
The MAS Experience is an innovative service to employers and provides a new generation of support to recruit, train and retain apprentices and trainees. Using innovative technologies and methodologies such as a risk assessment tool, it creates new opportunities to help you gain administrative and operational efficiencies which include a job matching service to gain and retain top candidates for your business.
The MAS Experience provides businesses with access to a range of services from support prior to an apprenticeship starting, to providing apprenticeship administration and Mentoring support throughout the apprenticeship.
The MAS Experience Gateway Services, delivered prior to the commencement of an Apprenticeship, offer free tailored support to assist businesses in finding Apprentices who possess the personal attributes and skills necessary to succeed in that business. Employers are also able to advertise their roles free of charge through MAS Job Communities. The MAS Experience Consultants supports businesses through streamlined completion of Government paperwork to help you register your apprentice and apply for any incentives you may be eligible for.
In Training Support is also available free of charge and includes free advice, referral to support services and mentoring to help achieve successful completion of the Australian Apprenticeship.
The MAS Experience offers Gateway service delivering free and tailored support to help people discover the right career pathway. Apprentices will be linked to jobs through a process that determines how their personal attributes impact job satisfaction and ability to pursue a range of career options.
Ongoing support for both the apprentice and employer include:
- Face to face: advice, consultation, pre-employment testing and referral to external support services based on your business needs
- Web based online support: MAS National’s Employer Portal allows employers to access their apprentice records including reports on their apprentices and incentives 24/7.
- Phone contact support: 1300 MAS NAT (627 628), SMS contact
Apprenticeships suited to your business
- Apprenticeships are available in a wide range of industries
- Accredited training providers customise training plans to suit the needs of employers and trainees
- Training can be full time, on-the-job, or a mix of work and off-the-job training that suits your business
- Apprentices can be Full Time, Part Time or School-Based depending on your business needs
- You can choose from a broad range of motivated applicants who have a demonstrated interest in working in your industry
Wage and incentives expertise
- You pay your apprentice a wage that reflects how long the apprenticeship is, and how much training the apprentice has been completed
- An employee can only be paid apprentice and trainee rates if they have a formal training contract with their employer through an Apprenticeship Network Provider (MAS National)
- You may be eligible to receive financial incentives from the Australian Government
- Each state/territory government may have their own incentives or benefits for businesses employing apprentices
A positive outcome
Once training is completed, you will have a skilled, 100% qualified team member who is familiar with your operations and well-equipped to benefit your business.
You can learn more about the MAS Experience in our employer guide (pdf 819kb).