Apprentices and trainees
Apprenticeships and traineeships give you the opportunity to combine work and training while undertaking a nationally recognised course.
Training is available to anyone aged 15 years and over, in more than 500 occupations across a range of different industries.
Call MAS National on 1300 MAS NAT (627 628) to find out more.
The MAS Experience
The MAS Experience is an innovative service for apprentices and trainees that helps match you to the right employer. The MAS Experience offers mentoring, face-to-face engagement, telephone and online support to guide you through your career journey.
Do you want one-on-one job search assistance?
Jobseekers interested in an apprenticeship have access to free gateway services to help them find the right career path for them and to set them up to succeed. The MAS Experience Consultants establish jobseekers individual needs utilising a range of tools and resources including Language Literacy and Numeracy, Apprenticeship Commitment and Harrison’s Career assessments to then offer tailored advice to clients ensuring a successful transition into their chosen industry. Jobseekers will be linked to jobs through a process that determines how their personal attributes impact job satisfaction and ability to pursue a range of career options. Once jobseekers discover the career path they love, they also have exclusive access to job opportunities through the MAS Job Communities.
After apprentices start their apprenticeship, the MAS Experience Consultants also offer support throughout the Apprenticeship/Traineeship through assisting with payment of personal benefits where the apprentice is eligible, and providing one-on-one mentoring and support should the apprentice have any issues or concerns with any aspect of their life. This support is tailored and aims to increase the opportunities for apprentices to successfully complete their qualification.
Ongoing support for jobseekers and apprentices includes:
- Face to face: advice, consultation, literacy and numeracy assessment, aptitude tests and referral in person
- Web based online support: Apprenticeship Commitment Assessment, Harrison Career Assessment Tool, MAS Job Community, AirCV and 24/7 job smart matching
- Phone contact support: CareerMe phone app, 1300 MAS NAT (627 628), SMS contact
- An award or training wage paid under a training contract signed by you and your employer
- Registration of your training contract with the State Training Authority
- On and off the job training through a structured training program that least to a nationally recognised qualification
- Financial support through Australian and state government incentives for those eligible
- Get paid to work and study at the same time
- Receive a nationally recognised qualification after you successfully finish your apprenticeship or traineeship
- Gain practical work experience and get a head start in a new career
- Update your skills in an area you already work in
- Increase your value as a qualified employee
- Access great long-term career prospects
- Benefit from financial help from the government
You can learn more about the MAS Experience in our apprentice and trainee guide.