Have you recently completed your Apprenticeship?

The Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) has reintroduced trade papers.

What are trade papers? How do I get mine?

Trade papers certify what it is you’re qualified to do, and can be used for job applications, or framed to show you’ve successfully completed your apprenticeship.

You can apply for a free trade paper if you completed both:

  • a recognised apprenticeship in Victoria, which you started after 1 January 1995, and
  • the apprenticeship’s relevant qualification with a TAFE, trade school or registered training organisation

To apply for a trade paper, you must complete an application through an online portal which can be accessed here: ACCESS THE PORTAL

When you apply, you’ll need to provide your qualification title and code. Your TAFE, trade school or registered training organisation can provide you with this information.

If your application is successful, you’ll receive your trade paper in the mail.

Apprenticeships started before 1 January, 1995

If you started an apprenticeship before 1 January 1995, you can apply for a duplicate certificate of completion.

For more information on applying for a duplicate certificate of completion, visit the Victorian Registrations and Qualifications Authority website.

Need help?

Contact the Apprenticeship Administrative Unit at vrqa.apprenticeships@edumail.vic.gov.au or 1300 722 603 (select option 6), or get in touch with the MAS National team on 1300 627 628.