Car Rego Savings for all eligible Victorian Apprentices
This morning, the Victorian Premier Hon. Daniel Andrews announced the extension and expansion of the VicRoads half-price car registration program, which allows eligible apprentices to apply for a 50 per cent discount on their car registration fee and Transport Accident Charge.
The program, which was established in 2016 was previously limited to those only in the construction industry, but will now also be available to all eligible apprentices.
It has also been further expanded to all apprentices who need to travel to and from work between 8.30pm and 5.30am.
Are you eligible?
The following criteria will determine if you are eligible for the discount:
- You must be an apprentice registered with the Victorian Qualification Authority (VRQA) in an approved course
- You must be using your own car, ute or van for approved work purposes, or you regularly use it to get to or from work between 8.30pm and 5.30am
- You must hold a current Victorian driver licence
- You have received your registration renewal in the post.
Please note, this discount is not applicable for:
- Learner drivers
- Applicants with expired, cancelled or suspended licences
- More than one car per applicant
- Cars registered in someone else’s name
- Cars with any other concessions (except for hybrid and electric passenger vehicle concessions) – you can apply to have your concession removed by calling VicRoads on 13 11 71.
How do you apply for the savings?
Eligible apprentices are now encouraged to apply for the discounted registration online via the VicRoads website.
Do you need further information?
For further information, please call MAS National on 1300 627 628.