Important update regarding training delivered by TAFE SA
MAS Experience would like to inform all employers, apprentices and trainees of an important update regarding training delivered by TAFE SA.
TAFE SA has had 10 qualifications suspended by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) after a response to a recent audit failed to address all the non-compliances identified.
As of the 23rd January 2018, TAFE SA will not be permitted to take any new enrolments in the following suspended qualifications unless it utilises further review processes.
The following qualifications have been affected:
- AUR32416 Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology
- AUR30816 Certificate III in Motorcycle Mechanical Technology
- AMP20316 Certificate ll in Meat Processing (Abattoirs)
- SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individualised Support
- CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing
- SIR50212 Diploma of Visual Merchandising
- CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
- CPC32413 Certificate III in Plumbing
ASQA advised in a statement released on 6th December that TAFE SA had been informed of the imposed sanctions and that ASQA would not be taking steps to cancel any qualifications issued by TAFE SA.
TAFE SA will have until 23rd January 2018 to respond to ASQA’s intention to remove these qualifications from their scope.
Employers, apprentices or trainees affected by the changes can also seek advice from The MAS Experience on 1800 627 628.